Ethereum enthusiasts 2021-06-18 18:52:37 阅读数:391
Original title ：《 The popular science | OptimismPBC vs Arbitrum》
author : Kris Kaczor
So let's see Optimism and Arbitrum Between Common ground ：
· All belong to Rollup, It's real Layer 2 programme , Store all transaction data in Layer 1 On
· All are 「 Optimistic （optimistic）」, namely , Using fraud proof
· They all use sequencers to achieve instant 「 deterministic 」
· They all have common cross chain messaging functions , Can be used to build advanced token bridges , Such as @MakerDAO The fast cash bridge ：https://forum.makerdao.com/t/announcing-the-optimism-dai-bridge-with-fast-withdrawals/6938
Next is the play —— Difference .Optimism and Arbitrum The biggest difference between them is the implementation of fraud proof mechanism , namely , After a deal is executed , If the status is controversial, how to solve it ？
Optimism Using a single round of fraud proof . in other words ,Layer 1 Will execute the entire... On the chain Layer 2 transaction , To verify the state root . This makes the fraud proof instant , This is the advantage .
however , There are also some problem ：
· You need to supervise the execution of the deal , To do this, you need to use OVM（ It's rewritten to avoid side effects EVM）
· Layer 2 Traded gas The amount used shall not exceed Layer 1 block gas ceiling
· Every transaction executed , You need to generate state roots on the chain —— Cause costs to rise :(
Arbitrum Using multiple rounds of fraud proof . Simply speaking , It's a binary search , Find the first opcode of the block that caused the disagreement . After finding it , Just execute the opcode on the chain .
· It just needs to generate a proof of status for a whole batch of transactions , And publish it on the chain
· Layer 1 block gas The ceiling doesn't matter , because Layer 2 The deal is not entirely in Layer 1 On the implementation
· need EVM -> AVM translate （ Fortunately, it's automatic ）
· slowly —— In the worst case , It takes up to 2 Weeks to complete the fraud proof . It's actually a week .
· Need the original teller online and cooperate with
Think about it in another way ,Optimism It's containerized , and Arbitrum It's virtualized .
Optimism There's a big drawback to our approach . Imagine , If there is a hard bifurcation , Leading to changes in Ethereum consensus rules , The opcode is deleted / Repricing or modifying . At this time , Suddenly Layer 1 Re executing past transactions on the Internet will result in a completely different final state . I don't know Optimism How the team will solve this problem , But I think they will come up with a way by that day .Arbitrum Complete control of AVM standard , So don't worry about it .
Both projects try to be as close to the Ethereum ecosystem as possible , But there are some differences . in general , You can still use what you know and EVM Related tools （solidity、hardhat and waffle etc. ）. But it's not that simple .
Optimism Need a special solidity Compiler to generate OVM Bytecode . therefore , It only works with Solidity, And it's a specific version of Solidity compatible . On the other hand ,Optimism Of Layer 2 Nodes are just modified geth client , The purpose of the modification is to improve compatibility .
On the surface ,Arbitrum Fully compatible with EVM/JSON RPC standard , But its nodes are custom implementations .Arbitrum Through automated EVM-> AVM Translation to support fraud proof . therefore , It supports any EVM Language （vyper、YUL+ etc. ）.
Optimism Use weth, And the built-in wallet is abstract .Arbitrum Bring their own ETH Support .
Arbitrum Provide a unified license free bridge , To achieve any token and Layer 2 Bridge between （ It deployed a universal ERC20 The contract serves as Layer 2 The other side ）.
Optimism I prefer special bridges , But in the Optimism It's also possible to build a universal bridge on the Internet . On this point ,@dmihal Know more about ;)
The last difference is online implementation .Arbitrum It will be online at the end of this month 「 The main network for developers 」,Optimism Wait until 7 month .
If you want to learn more , I suggest you watch this show by @stonecoldpat0 Presided over by @karl_dot_tech and @hkalodner Friendly debate between .
As far as I'm concerned , I'm very supportive of both projects . I can't wait to see their main Internet lines . The entire Ethereum community needs the right Layer 2 programme , Instead of an extensible side chain .
If you want to understand Optimism Bridge example , You can see https://github.com/makerdao/optimism-dai-bridge. We're going to release compatibility next week Arbitrum Version of .
版权声明：本文为[Ethereum enthusiasts]所创，转载请带上原文链接，感谢。 https://netfreeman.com/2021/06/20210603185144720a.html